Sunday, December 23, 2007

Homeschool Music Curriculum

For many years I have gone back and forth with if I should be having an actual music curriculum. I love music. I have played the piano since I was about 4. Although I am rusty at it now. I played the alto saxaphone in band for 4 years and was first chair. My family are muisicians/singers on my mother's side. Although I was taught music in public school, I really think that music is something that can be taught without using curriculum. Even if you are not musically inclined. Music lessons is a good way to start. Singing around the house. Getting a recorder and a recorder lesson book is also another way to incorporate music in your homeschool day.

I came across two really good sites today, which will give you a good resource for music.

The first one http://www.geocities.com/Paris/3486/ , has piano music on it from various composers.

The seconde one, which is where I found the first one, is called Garden of Praise. This lady has put together a whole bunch of resources for you and the majority of them that I looked at were FREE. Free bible lesson pages that you can print out too on various books of the bible. She also has a website link with composers and the eras they were from. There is a lot of help on this site and I will be adding it to my favorite sites!

No comments: